***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Love Chapter done Mixed Media


Our Scripture this week @ Word Art Wednesday is in  I Corinthians.  You find the FREE word art on our Perfect Sentiments site.

  When I think of "The Love Chapter" I can't help but think of Jesus.  My hearts desire is to love others as Jesus did.  The meaning of love is spelled out in this chapter. It sets high standards.  I have to work on it daily. But love is worth it-isn't it?

I start by printing the scripture on a thick piece of cardstock.  I then crumbed it up.  Straightened it back out.....
 The I took light & distress ink to lightly go over.  The lines grab the most ink
its looking old & weathered
 I sprayed cranberry mist & sponged-then sponged King's moon yellow.  I got my stamps out & stamped with momento brown ink around the edges of my canvas.
I came back with watered down yellow & highlighted the flowers.

 I added some tags, layered some Wild Orchid Roses to frame out the canvas.



I hope this will encourage you to incorporate scripture into your art.  We have 2 prizes this week:

My Craft Spot by Kimberly - www.craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com


  Be sure and check out our teams blog at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! An amazing piece of artwork. What a wonderful gift too. I just took up mixed media on canvas, so I'm intrigued by your inspiration here. Great instructions. Love it! I'm so excited Karen to have the opportunity to craft alongside of you on Word Art Wednesday. You will wow me every week I have no doubt! How fun and precious to exalt God's Word and be able to craft too! You have amazing talent and I'm so grateful our paths are crossing!

Jo Ann said...

Hello there, Karen...This is such a wonderful project you shared with us this week. Love the worn-out look of the verse and all the embellishments and color and stamps came out together in perfect harmony. Blessing in Christ, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning Karen!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...