***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Hello everyone!  Thanks for stopping by. We have a beautiful Word Art Scripture this week:


This is a PROMISE from our God to us.  He knew the trials and temptations we'd have to face. He's bigger than any problem we have to face. We can put our total trust in Him!

In studying the scripture my mind went to a lighthouse. Built strong on the rocks it withstands storm winds & waves. It has to be tough so it can help the boats find the shore. It's light shines thru the clouds showing the captains of the ships the direction they are to go.

I roughly sketched the image on my canvas & then painted it with acrylic paint.  I added the scripture using mod podge.  The canvas is 9x12.

I wanted to paint the lighthouse to show the strong rock formation that is the base of the lighthouse. Building our foundation on the promises of God is the main start of our Christian walk.  We can hold tight in the storms of life knowing they will come, but Christ has our back!

If you want more inspiration-please visit our team blog @ Word Art Wednesday.  I'd love to see your creations.  Please post them on our blog.

We do have a prize for the winner sponsore by:

Isabellas Sketchbook

Thanks everyone! Have a blessed Wednesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oooo Karen this is beautiful. The colors are so peaceful and I love how the light beams from the lighthouse. Did you draw this?

Thank you for being a part of Word Art Wednesday, you are a blessing.

Have a great day my friend.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Karen my hubby loves lighthouses and we have paintings of them all over the house. Fabulous work Here I really like it and a Love the sentiment well done Hugs Elaine

Mynn xx said...

L-O-V-E this! Lighthouses are my husband and I's thing. Did that make any sense? Anyway, I LOVE the symbolism of the lighthouse used with this amazing verse! :) Thank you for your inspiring words!!!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...