Skip to main content

Happy Easter with Bling!


Hope you are having a Happy Wednesday!  It's challenge day @ The Perfect Sentiments.
This week you need to use an Easter Sentiment and the twist-add some bling

My bling: After I colored my image I coated it in Versa Mark & heat embossed it with Stampin Up dazzling diamonds.  I doubled my bow and wrapped a Wild Orchid flower in the middle.

We have some amazing women on our design team.  Be sure & check them out:

  Sami
          Abby
          Jan
          Karen (that's me!)
          Maggie
          Sassy
          Sam
          Theresa
          Jennipher
        
          Sarah

Our special guest designer:

Chrissy


Our wonderful sponsor is Robyn's Fetish.



Robyns Fetish 
She provided me with an image to use for our challenge.  


















14 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…