Skip to main content

Gelli plate Valentines


I started by making about 10 different backgrounds with my gelli plate and a handful of Americana Acrylic paints. 

I also used the leftover paint on the roller on some die cut tags and hearts.

I have a stash of ribbon, lace, pearl trim, and flowers thanks to Really Reasonable Ribbon and Wild Orchid flowers!!

You can see my DecoArt stencil coming thru on this first card.


 Wish you could see the sparkle on this adorable troll card!! The background was sealed with DecoArt glitter decoupage!
 This last card is a pocket card.  That way the 11 year old girl that gets this can use the tag for a bookmark. .


 I'm entering the following challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #157 Heart theme with ribbon or trim
Word Art Wednesday: anything goes week 268 & 269
Mixed media Monthly challenge #33 Sweet Inspirations


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…