Skip to main content

Bohemian Elephant with DecoArt Stencil

Hi everyone!  I hope your having a relaxing Sunday like I am!!
I have been wanting to do a bohemian Elephant-if fact I've already tried once.
I just could get the "bohemian" part going.
Then I went thru my stash of DecoArt stencils.

I found this Mandala stencil.  On the left of my journal page is the stencil.
On the right side is my Bohemian Elephant using the stencil for the "Bohemian" look!

I turned the stencil and moved different parts where I thought they'd look the best.
Isn't he beautiful!

I've used DecoArt's Americana multi-surface Satin paints.  I had them out for another project, so kept using them for this one.  I love the finish you get with them. They can be used on multiple surface types. Plastic, metal, wood, glass, terra cotta, ceramic, paper, canvas and fabric.
Background deep turquoise and coastal waters
Elephant: Eggplant, Iris and Flamingo

Did some extra dots with white gel pen. Some of the black out lining is a Scribe-All pencil.

 I hope you're inspired to try your own Bohemian Elephant with DecoArt products!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…