Skip to main content

Blessed -aren't we all?



Fall is almost here! I'll be glad to have cooler temps!
My gelli plate background was created using DecoArt Acrylic paint.

I've pulled out my stampin up leaf die to enter the following challenges:

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge-love the fall colors and I attempted to make the wooden background and the circle on the front of the challenge photo. 

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #124 showing fall colors and ribbon.

Word Art Wednesday challenge #199 using free wordart scripture 


 I started with my gelli plate.  I used a green and pressed my wood grain embossing folder into it, then added Die for the sentiment layer. Ran the fall color cardstock with a Stampin Up leave die and cut them out. Used Distress ink to highlight the edges and "veins:" Ribbon for the final touches!  I LOVE fall colors and will be sending this to a friend that just gotten home from rehab. An encouraging card for anytime of the year.  The sentiment is FREE from Word Art Wednesday blog.

I hope you love it as much as I do!  Have a blessed day!
 

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…