Skip to main content

Gelli plate designs continue!

I'm still decorating the numerous gelli plate pages I designed!

I combined a muse stamp set-Dragonfly dreams and Kunze German scrap.

I think it turned out pretty sweet!
I embossed the dragonfly in black and then rubbed DecoArt Metallic Wax in blue over top and around the edges.  Then rubbed green wax around the rest of the white part.
Attached the German Scrap with glue.
 The one below I used the tiny dragonflies and the smaller one.  I had the Eiffel tower and leaf flourish sitting on my table-thought I'd go ahead & use them.  Added some rhinestones and washi tape across the bottom.
 We're partnering with Kunze this month.  The German Scrap is amazing!!
Check out my other design team members that give inspiration daily at Altered Pages Blog.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…