Skip to main content

Mi-xed Media-texture-depth-dimension


I hope you're having a great week.  I wanted to share with you one of my newest projects.
I did the hearts separately from the canvas and added them for dimension using large dots on the back to raise them off the canvas.
I started with some 140lb watercolor paper. I did a coat of DecoArt gesso on top.
Using DecoArt decoupage for fabric I glued down some lace, washi tape and book page. Allow to dry.  Then I took some distress stains and pounced them on top. Use your heat gun to dry some of it, but I also dabbed some off with a paper towel.  Gives you different shades.
 I dripped some water on there and dabbed off to get more dimension.  I used a sponge and added some walnut distress ink to edges.  The little heart I stamped a design on it.  I love how all of them turned out.
 On the 12x12 canvas itself, I added some sealer over a stencil before inking in some spots (the diamond shapes). I added some texture paste thru DecoArt doily stencil in various places.  After applying the same colors of inks to the canvas, I rubbed some DecoArt Metallic wax (gold) on top of the raised areas of the doily.  I layered some lace, washi tape and book pages to the canvas too. Love all the texture!!

Went around the edge of the canvas with black gelato. Rub it in with your finger.
 When complete, I sealed the top with spray varnish-gives a glossy finish.  I love it!!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas