***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, July 25, 2014

Great Outdoors with Blue Fern Studio

I haven't done a scrapbook page in several weeks!  My pictures are backing up!
The July sketch from Blue Fern Studio's was beckoning me!!
using a sturdy piece of designer paper so I could ink and spray with water was the first place I started.  I tore pieces of cardstock to match my granddaughter's outfit for the layering pieces.  Edged them with gesso to tone down the brightness.  The pink flowers were made using a piece of leftover sprayed cardstock.  The pink blended well with the pics.  I also stenciled some little flowers before applying the blue distress ink -they show thru beautifully.

The tree branch at the top was inspired by Gabriella.  Mine is not as dainty as hers. I made mine with the twist paper that was popular years ago. Rubbed some brown distress ink on top.

The Blue Fern items I used is the Great Outdoors title, the bunny rabbit and the single white flower on a stem.  All 3 were dabbed with Rangers white distress paint.  Did 3 coats.  Wanted them to stand out.

My masterpiece is now hanging in my Art Studio. I like to look at them when I finish before tucking them away in an album!

I'm entering Blue Fern's challenge found -HERE
If you've never used their chipboard-you should!  Very intricate designs.  I have bought several sets and the quality is superb!

Happy Friday everyone!!

 

1 comment:

Patter Cross said...

Karen, what great colors. Love what you have done with the sketch. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us in the Blue Fern Studios July Sketch Challenge!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...