Skip to main content

Asian Inspired Sympathy Card



As soon as I saw this SVG file from Retta-Make it Asian came to me.
 
Instead of cutting it out-I used the SVG file & printed it.
I fussy cut it out and inked the edges.  I used pop dots to put the wings on to give lots of dimension.
 
The body of the dragonfly I added glitter glue.  Find Retta's SVG files HERE Totally shines!
The circle it's sitting on is a piece of water color paper that I had left over from another project.
The colors worked great together with the G45 paper pad.
The sentiment was printed and then punched to fit the card.
You can find the stencils, the Tim Holtz distress inks, the G45 designer paper right in Robyn's store.     Check it HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a beautiful Friday!!
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…