***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, April 25, 2014

By the Sea Canvas

Happy Friday!!
Karen here with another amazing background!
This is a 9x14 flat canvas.
Did you know you can punch holes in it with your Croc-A-dile?
Isn't that COOL!
 
 I painted 2 coats of white gesso on the canvas first.  Then I used the dabber distress inks.  Blue, green and polished nickel.  It's my favorite way to build the backgrounds.  I hit it on the canvas pretty hard while squeezing-you get a big SPLAT!  Then give it some spritz of water & hold the canvas up and let it spread.  I got my heat tool out and start blowing the ink around.  You may need to splat some more until you get the look you want. 

I printed this gorgeous drawing (by Retta) and colored it with colored pencils-spray it with a sealer before gluing it onto your canvas.  I adhered it with mat medium.  I used gelatos in blue and black to go around the edges. 

I love how this turned out.  It will make someone with a beach theme very happy!

2 comments:

Retta said...

It is so cool! You made me cry again!

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...