***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, March 21, 2014

Modeling Paste & Stencils/Mixed Media


One of my favorite techniques is using stencils and modeling paste.
Robyn carries both in the store.
 This painting was done using two different stencils and liquitex modeling paste and acrylic paint.
To bring out the detail of the stencil, after I painted it, I went around each edge with watered down brown/black acrylic paint.  Smear it with your finger.  The shadow adds a lot of dimension.
 
My verse was printed out on my computer and added with Liquitex gel medium.  You want to also go around the edge of that with watered down paint.  Helps to make it go into the canvas.

You'll find lots of stencils-large and small in Robyns shop.  She has lots of choices on acrylic paint as well.  And I can't live without the Liquitex gesso, matte gel medium and modeling paste!!  They are a MUST have for me!!

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Marisa Job said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors!!

Lisa Minckler said...

You are tempting me!! LOL...this is beautiful. The volume of the paste is fabulous.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...