Altered Book cover Challenge

I was inspired by the challenge at Eclectic Paperie this month.
They are altering books.  I've never made one.  Thought I'd give it a go.
I love how it turned out.  I'm still gluing and adding gesso to the inside pages.
 This started as DCWV Rustic paper stack. I stenciled modeling paste mixed with raw umber using Royal Inspirations Stencils by Retta Arrows and Spears. Once it was dry, I added clear glitter glue to give it a shimmer.  I hot glued pink tulle around the die cut flourish, then layered a couple of paper flowers I cut with the same paper line and added a gem in the centers.
 I printed my scripture on my computer-sprayed with varnish-then glued down.  I outlined it with a black water color pencil, then a brown marker to smear it in.

I used scripture from Rev 9:7a.  It really speaks to me on how I need to put God first always. Good circumstances and bad.  The scripture is part of Triple The Scraps Bible Study.

I'm also entering this into Word Art Wednesday Challenge #125. Anything goes this week.  I urge you to check out their blog.  Every week they have free word art for you to use.

I hope my book will inspire you to give it a try.



 
6 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art

Under the Sea with DecoArt

DecoArt Americana Paint is best for Gelli Prints