***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas: I Choose Joy

 
I have so enjoyed learning how to create mixed media pieces.  This 11x14 canvas has several layers to the background.  I mod podged some torn pieces of designer paper, put some acrylic paint on with a brush, thru a stencil, sponged on the edges.
 
The heart was free hand cut from a piece of cardboard. I colored it with gesso, gelatos, acrylic paint.
I cut the letter with my cricut and mod podged them into place.
My girl is totally inspired by Cassandra -find her website here


I hope your inspired to try your hand at mixed media!

I'm entering this at Word Art Wednesday Challenge #101-the very first design team I was ever on! They have just celebrated their 100th challenge!  You should join them!

6 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Karen...it's beautiful! The color of her dress with that wonderful red hair and the fabulous heart and placement of sentiment...terrific. Mixed media is just endless on the possibilities and I love what you've done with this canvas!! :)
hugs to you,
Lisa x

Stephanie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow! I really like the colors you used and the sentiment is a fantastic reminder. JOY is a choice. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this, Karen. It really does remind me of Cassandra's style and turned out beautifully. I appreciate you sharing it in our challenge, too, and hope that you will stop by every week to share a project with us.
Blessings to you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Karen, this canvas is beautiful! We would love for you to apply for our Design Team at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/10/we-are-having-design-team-call.html

Marisa Job said...

What a gorgeous canvas!! Great use of colors!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

lovely choice and thank you for showing us your 2013 best of!
Happy New Year to you xx

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...