Mixed Media Canvas: I Choose Joy

 
I have so enjoyed learning how to create mixed media pieces.  This 11x14 canvas has several layers to the background.  I mod podged some torn pieces of designer paper, put some acrylic paint on with a brush, thru a stencil, sponged on the edges.
 
The heart was free hand cut from a piece of cardboard. I colored it with gesso, gelatos, acrylic paint.
I cut the letter with my cricut and mod podged them into place.
My girl is totally inspired by Cassandra -find her website here


I hope your inspired to try your hand at mixed media!

I'm entering this at Word Art Wednesday Challenge #101-the very first design team I was ever on! They have just celebrated their 100th challenge!  You should join them!

6 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian Elephant with DecoArt Stencil

Mixed Media Inspirational Card

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art